Find out your next move
Up-to-date info on the most popular destinations for relocation and immigration

USA. Au Pair visa

A program for young people from 18 to 26 years old
The difficulty
Special feature
We need a host family where a person coming to the USA under this program will work

Summary of the USA Au Pair visa program

The program is for foreign youth aged 18-26 who come to work officially with families in the United States and study English and care for children and the elderly.

Who is eligible for the USA Au Pair visa

  • Young people and girls aged 18-26 who are not officially married.

USA Au Pair visa requirements

  • Valid international passport;
  • Official invitation to work from a host family living in the USA;
  • Certificate of full school education;
  • Having a driver's license with driving experience of at least 50 hours;
  • Conversational knowledge of English;
  • Recommendations confirming the experience of communicating with children or the elderly for at least 200 hours (life in a large family is also taken into account);
  • Medical certificate;
  • Certificate of non-criminal record.
  • Participants of the program are provided with:
  • Full board at the expense of the host party: accommodation in a separate room, three meals a day;
  • 32-hour child care training at an Au Pair School of an accredited university in the USA;
  • Round-the-clock online support of the program participant by moderators;
  • Payment of the Sevis fee participation fee;
  • Allowance for participation in the program in the amount of about $ 200 per week;
  • Medical insurance for the duration of your stay in the United States under the program;
  • Tuition and attendance of English language courses in the amount of $ 500;
  • 2-week paid leave for 12 months of work;
  • Days off from Friday evening to Monday morning;
  • The opportunity to stay in the USA for 30 days after the end of the program.
Costs associated with a USA Au Pair visa
  • Consular fee - $160
Terms of obtaining a USA Au Pair visa
  • Up to 6 weeks
  • The duration of the visa is 12 months.
  • Under this program, the visa can be extended from 9 to 9 months.

Talk to our USA immigration consultants

Do you have any questions left?

There are never too many questions when we talk immigration. Quiz our experienced immigration consultants in USA with anything that's on your mind! Our consultants specialize in USA's residential programs and will assist you with a personal relocation plan.

You will have a clear understanding of how to go about getting your residence in USA and a detailed roadmap to moving just after your first online consultation.

Are you ready for some serious changes?

Our immigration team is based in USA. We have already helped dozens of immigrants to obtain resident visas. We will help you too!

You probably have lots of different questions about moving to USA right now and may or may not know which program fits you best. If you'd like to discuss your personal situation, be sure to speak with our USA's immigration specialist.

Book a consultation on immigration to

A 45-minute in-depth conversation is a great opportunity to take a powerful step forward on your relocation
© 2022 Imigrata. Inc
Imigrata, Incorporated
309A Peters Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA