Find out your next move
Up-to-date info on the most popular destinations for relocation and immigration

USA. Work & travel visa

International Cultural Exchange visa for young people
The difficulty
Special feature
Suitable for university students 18-23 years old

Summary of the USA Work & travel visa program

An international cultural exchange program for students of foreign universities aged 18-23, which gives the opportunity to spend several months in the USA.

Who is eligible for the USA Work & travel visa

  • foreign full-time students of higher educational institutions aged 18-23 years with a conversational level of knowledge of English.

USA Work & travel visa requirements

  • age from 18 to 23 years;
  • you must be a full-time international student (day or evening) of a higher educational institution (university, institute, academy);
  • knowledge of English at Intermediate level;
  • valid international passport;
  • contract with the employer within the framework of the work & travel program;
  • certified copy of the student ID card;
  • notarized certificate from the university confirming the student status of the applicant;
  • certificate confirming the financial well-being of the applicant;
  • medical insurance for the duration of your stay in the country.
  • The program participant has the right to work in the USA from May 15 to September 15 in the service sector — in amusement parks, restaurants, shops, national parks, hotels. Salaries are not regulated by the work & travel program, on average, from $8 to $12 per hour.
Costs associated with a USA Work & travel visa
  • Registration fee - $ 270
  • ​​The cost of the program is $ 1,000
  • Consular fee - $160
  • Sevis fee program fee - $ 35
Terms of obtaining a USA Work & travel visa
  • Up to 4 months
  • You can stay in the USA for up to 4 months under this program.

Talk to our USA immigration consultants

Do you have any questions left?

There are never too many questions when we talk immigration. Quiz our experienced immigration consultants in USA with anything that's on your mind! Our consultants specialize in USA's residential programs and will assist you with a personal relocation plan.

You will have a clear understanding of how to go about getting your residence in USA and a detailed roadmap to moving just after your first online consultation.

Are you ready for some serious changes?

Our immigration team is based in USA. We have already helped dozens of immigrants to obtain resident visas. We will help you too!

You probably have lots of different questions about moving to USA right now and may or may not know which program fits you best. If you'd like to discuss your personal situation, be sure to speak with our USA's immigration specialist.

Book a consultation on immigration to

A 45-minute in-depth conversation is a great opportunity to take a powerful step forward on your relocation
© 2022 Imigrata. Inc
Imigrata, Incorporated
309A Peters Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA